There are many ways to support the Center for Vision Loss and make a positive impact on vision health and clients living with vision loss in our community. We are so grateful for your thoughtful giving and kind contributions that make all that we do possible.
What is a matching gift?
Employee matching gift programs are corporate giving programs that you can use to double, or even triple, your contribution.
Example of a matching gift:
You work for Company A and decide to donate $100 to Center for Vision Loss. Company A has a matching gift policy that matches at a 1:1 ratio. After you submit your matching gift form, Company A will double your donation by also writing a check to Center for Vision Loss. Some companies even match gifts for part time workers and retirees.
How do I request a matching gift?
- Donate – Make a donation and save your tax receipt. Many matching programs will allow for up to one year after you’ve made your donation to request a corporate match.
- Inquire – Contact your HR department directly to ask if they offer a matching gift program.See if your employer will match your donation!
- Match – Commonly, your company will provide a matching gift form that you can download and complete to complete the match. Consult your HR department for more information on your company’s policies.
I made a donation a few months ago. Can I still apply for a matching gift?
Maybe! Many companies allow employees to submit match requests for 1 year following the date of the donation.
Can my company’s matching gift be applied to a specific service provided by the agency?
Yes! For example, if your initial gift is intended to support our guided transportation program, the matching gift from your company will also be directed to that initiative.
Gifts of Stock
A stock gift to the Center for Vision Loss may provide tax benefits. Potential benefits include the avoidance of long-term capital gains taxes and the opportunity to deduct your gift’s value from your adjusted gross income if you itemize on your federal tax return. Donors should be aware of possible tax implications. Please consult your tax professional for details.
Please use the form below to make your stock pledge. After your broker confirms the donation of stock, we will issue an official acknowledgment. The letter will indicate the number and type(s) of share received, the date of the gift, and the date during which the stock was converted into cash. Revenue from gifts of stocks will be assigned to the our Annual Fund unless you indicate other wishes.
Every effort will be made to sell your stocks as quickly as possible. For tax purposes, the value of the stock will be an average of the high and low prices on the date in which your gift is liquidated.
Gifts in Kind
Center for Vision Loss is happy to accept gifts-in-kind that benefit the mission of our agency and support our clients in their journeys to triumph over their visual impairments. For health and safety reasons, we do ask that anyone looking to donate a gift-in-kind please contact Christe Konopitski, Director of Advancement, first in order to confirm that we are able to accept the item and to set up a suitable drop-off time. During the pandemic, all donated items are being quarantined, so it is imperative that all donors make prior arrangements with our Director of Advancement to ensure that we have space to accommodate your generous contribution.
|Items on Our Wish List||Items We Cannot Accept|
|1. iPads – New and gently used iPads are given to both employees and clients to support our agency’s ability to conduct virtual programming.|
2. Laptop Computers – New and gently used laptop computers help support our caseworkers as they continue their work remotely.
3. New Vehicles – Our guided transportation program is the most utilized agency program as well as the most expensive program. The donation of a new vehicle helps to support this program and the safety of our clients and drivers.
|1. Eyeglasses – Please reach out to your local Lions Club should you wish to donate new or used eyeglasses.|
2. Used Books and Magazines – If you have questions about the value of a specific publication, please contact our Director of Advancement.
For any gifts in kind, we ask that you fill out an intake form so that we can properly record your gift. If you would like to make a donation of an item unrelated to our mission, please be in touch with Christe Konopitski, Director of Advancement, to ensure that we are able to make the best use of your contribution.
If we are unable to accept your donation, we would encourage you to locate your nearest Goodwill Donation Site to donate your items.
Donate Your Vehicle
A vehicle symbolizes independence for many people. Your vehicle also will help others seize independence when you donate it to the Center for Vision Loss.
Vehicles Less Than 25 Years Old
Donate your vehicle to us quickly and easily and with free pickup through CARS network when you click the link below. You also can call 855.500.7433 and say that you want the proceeds of your vehicle to benefit the Center for Vision Loss.
Vehicles 25 Years Old or More
Please complete a short form and our team will contact you.
We are happy to receive support from donors making designations through various United Way organizations. For more information on how to support our agency through your local United Way, reach out to your employer’s Human Resources Department.
AmazonSmile is a digital platform that offers the famous Amazon shopping experience and an easy opportunity to support personal triumphs over visual impairments. When you choose the Center for Vision Loss as your organization on AmazonSmile, we receive 0.5% of each purchase you make there.
How to Set Up AmazonSmile
- Click here to go to the AmazonSmile platform.
- Follow the prompts and select Center for Vision Loss as your supported charitable organization.
- Shop on the AmazonSmile platform every time you want to make an Amazon purchase.
How to Use it On Your Smart Phone
- Complete the steps in the section above in order to have AmazonSmile appear as an option in your mobile app.
- Open the Amazon app on your mobile device.
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon app and tap into ‘Settings.’
- Tap ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Contact for Information
Christe Konopitski, 610.433.6018, Ext. 244