There are many ways to support the Center for Vision Loss and make a positive impact on vision health and clients living with vision loss in our community. We are so grateful for your thoughtful giving and kind contributions that make all that we do possible.
What is a matching gift?
Employee matching gift programs are corporate giving programs that you can use to double, or even triple, your contribution.
Example of a matching gift:
You work for Company A and decide to donate $100 to Center for Vision Loss. Company A has a matching gift policy that matches at a 1:1 ratio. After you submit your matching gift form, Company A will double your donation by also writing a check to Center for Vision Loss. Some companies even match gifts for part time workers and retirees.
How do I request a matching gift?
- Donate – Make a donation and save your tax receipt. Many matching programs will allow for up to one year after you’ve made your donation to request a corporate match.
- Inquire – Contact your HR department directly to ask if they offer a matching gift program.See if your employer will match your donation!
- Match – Commonly, your company will provide a matching gift form that you can download and complete to complete the match. Consult your HR department for more information on your company’s policies.
I made a donation a few months ago. Can I still apply for a matching gift?
Maybe! Many companies allow employees to submit match requests for 1 year following the date of the donation.
Can my company’s matching gift be applied to a specific service provided by the agency?
Yes! For example, if your initial gift is intended to support our guided transportation program, the matching gift from your company will also be directed to that initiative.
AmazonSmile is a digital platform that offers the famous Amazon shopping experience and an easy opportunity to support personal triumphs over visual impairments. When you choose the Center for Vision Loss as your organization on AmazonSmile, we receive 0.5% of each purchase you make there.
How to Set Up AmazonSmile
- Click here to go to the AmazonSmile platform.
- Follow the prompts and select Center for Vision Loss as your supported charitable organization.
- Shop on the AmazonSmile platform every time you want to make an Amazon purchase.
How to Use it On Your Smart Phone
- Complete the steps in the section above in order to have AmazonSmile appear as an option in your mobile app.
- Open the Amazon app on your mobile device.
- Go into the main menu of the Amazon app and tap into ‘Settings.’
- Tap ‘AmazonSmile’ and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Donate Your Vehicle
A vehicle symbolizes independence for many people. Your vehicle also will help others seize independence when you donate it to the Center for Vision Loss.
Vehicles Less Than 25 Years Old
Donate your vehicle to us quickly and easily and with free pickup through CARS network when you click the link below. You also can call 855.500.7433 and say that you want the proceeds of your vehicle to benefit the Center for Vision Loss.
Vehicles 25 Years Old or More
Please complete a short form and our team will contact you.
We are happy to receive support from donors making designations through various United Way organizations. For more information on how to support our agency through your local United Way, reach out to your employer’s Human Resources Department.
Contact for Information
Christe Konopitski, 610.433.6018, Ext. 244