Center for Vision Loss is happy to accept gifts-in-kind that benefit the mission of our agency and support our clients in their journeys to triumph over their visual impairments. For health and safety reasons, we do ask that anyone looking to donate a gift-in-kind please contact Christe Konopitski, Director of Advancement, first in order to confirm that we are able to accept the item and to set up a suitable drop-off time. During the pandemic, all donated items are being quarantined, so it is imperative that all donors make prior arrangements with our Director of Advancement to ensure that we have space to accommodate your generous contribution.
Items on Our Wishlist
- iPads – New and gently used iPads are given to both employees and clients to support our agency’s ability to conduct virtual programming.
- Laptop Computers – New and gently used laptop computers help support our caseworkers as they continue their work remotely.
- New Vehicles – Our guided transportation program is the most utilized agency program as well as the most expensive program. The donation of a new vehicle helps to support this program and the safety of our clients and drivers.
Items We Cannot Accept
- Used Eyeglasses – Please reach out to your local Lions Club should you wish to donate used eyeglasses.
- Used Books and Magazines – If you have questions about the value of a specific publication, please contact our Director of Advancement.
For any gifts in kind, we ask that you fill out an intake form so that we can properly record your gift. If you would like to make a donation of an item unrelated to our mission, please be in touch with Christe Konopitski, Director of Advancement, to ensure that we are able to make the best use of your contribution.
If we are unable to accept your donation, we would encourage you to locate your nearest Goodwill Donation Site to donate your items.
We are so grateful for donated items that provide positive benefits to for our clients, and we appreciate your kind consideration!
Director of Advancement
610.433.6018 Ext. 244
Useful IRS Links
- Charitable Contributions (PDF)
- Instructions 8283 form (PDF)
- Form 8283 Non Cash Charitable Contributions (PDF)
The information contained here is general in nature and is intended only as a guide. It is not intended to provide legal, tax, or financial advice.
Contact for Information
Christe Konopitski, 610.433.6018, Ext. 244